In 1978 Line-Up was established by owner Chris Murtagh as the UK’s first National Musician’s Switchboard, sourcing musicians for bands and bands for musicians.
It evolved into a promotions and marketing consultancy dealing with:
- Promotion of live arts performance / entertainment
- Event and festival planning / management
- Logistical Support
- Ethnic and World Music, programming, touring and Artist Representation
- Health & Safety
- Traffic Management
- SIA Security
- Home Office Tier 5 Sponsor for non-EEC artists
The business incorporates:
- ‘On-Line Records & Publishing’
- ‘Line-Up Audio/Visual Productions’
- ‘On-Line’ Security & Stewarding
- ‘Line-Up Traffic Management’
Some past and present clients:-
- The Department of Trade and Industry The Best of British at the British Pavilion Expo’92 Seville, including the first BBC Blue Peter broadcast outside the U.K.
- Newcastle International Airport ‘Europe en Route’ European tour publicising new flight destinations. First international troupe to perform on the Berlin Wall and covered by BBC’s The Business Programme – How to make a profit from touring.
- Northern Electric Carnival Arts Training Initiatives for the young unemployed culminating in national television’s BBC’s ‘What’s That Noise’.
- The Tourist Board Represented U.K. cities in ‘Great British City Breaks’ at the Olympia Travel Show, featured on ITV’s Holiday Programme.
- Capital Shopping Centres Provision corporate hospitality and entertainment in shopping.
- British Rail. Entertainment for Intercity Apex.
- Others:BBC & ITV, English Heritage, Nat West Bank, Regional & National Arts bodies, governmental and non-governmental.